Friday, April 13, 2012

...out for lunch


This is why I love life on the boat
Blessed peace and quiet


  Unfortunately the Berkeley bulletin board pictured below is 
a disturbingly accurate twin of my mind map


I am packing a sandwich
chicken salad on buttermilk bread
and heading over to the dock

The sky is blue 
The wind has calmed
The gulls have called

Lunch on the deck

Wherever you are today, I wish for you a quiet moment

Sometimes I need to pull the plug on distraction
SO MUCH
that I feel I will burst without space 

Sometimes 
the option isn't available

I have ferreted out the odd five minutes of meditation
in the middle of large crowds and on noisy airplanes

I have felt distracted alone in a Zen garden
even all by meself on the boat
My inner noise the deadliest 

 What's even more insidious,
more often now
the stuff I stuff
is
pretty good stuff

ideas
goals
hobbies
recipes
blog posts

 Time
Energy
Inner Space
all finite
even if my interests aren't

Today, I have this opportunity 
for the silence to find me 
for a while

I am actively seeking 
solitude
a re-charge
the small still Voice

Please. 


Love you,
c



P.S. I'll bring you pictures soon
maybe
depends




4 comments:

Jeannette said...

aw...sometimes it ibest to be out for all three meals...

Celeste said...

yes, indeed...happy weekend, Jeannette!

Charles Van Gorkom said...

In times like you describe,
sister scribe,
God sometimes grants
an interview.

When He does,
something fundamental shifts,
singing escapes,
never pauses
to even breathe.

Celeste said...

love this...perfect