Tuesday, November 29, 2011

...happy birthday to us!

The FIRST Four Seasons of Abiding

Dear Readers,
My scribe and I are celebrating our first anniversary. The first post was November 30, 2010. In honor of this occasion, I’ve offered to fill in as guest blogger and give her the day off. She’s using the time to look through pictures of hair-do's following an unfortunate hair-don't style session. Frankly, I hope she finds a good one soon. I can’t get through to her until her mind clears. And the moaning is getting old.
One year and forty-two blog posts have passed with only a few hitches. Celeste was a bit irregular in June and July...more than usual, if you get my meaning. 

But she did get married to Bill

and move.

One must make allowances from time to time.

I admit that, in the beginning, I had my doubts. She was none to keen on public exposure. And her start/finish record wasn’t the best in the world. But we seemed a good match in all other ways, so I proposed. She accepted. For better or worse. In sickness and in health. For richer or poorer. The rest is history. Archived. She's looser now and seems to get the message...



In every moment, choose 
to do the next right thing
to think the next right thought
to speak the next right words
to practice the right silence
And to leave the results to God.


We’re both pleased as punch that you’ve joined us this year. The messages, emails, and comments are most appreciated. As our friend Mary said last night, the “word of mouse” is heard world-wide these days. You’ve brought diversity to the dialog. My scribe wrote these words in her journal: “I am grateful for the intersections, sweet moments of grace. This collision of worlds, this erosion of old patterns and recognition of new ones, could not have been mapped, only lived.” Not too bad without any guidance from me.
Perhaps this is the best part of our little blog. It IS a living entity, a conversation in the cyber-hood. I told you once before what our friend Bill (another Bill) wrote last year. But I like his world-view so much I want to tell you again:
As I travel all over the world to places as wealthy as Monaco or as poor as rural India, I find one recurring theme irrespective of religion, culture, education level or standard of living. Just as a shake of the head means “No” anywhere on the planet, people simply want to live in peace...to provide for and raise their families, to enjoy social interactions.  It’s the same everywhere.  Only the crazies want to destroy others.  Only the desperate turn to violence to make a statement.  Almost everywhere that there is tolerance, there is peace.”
To my scribe, Celeste, Happy Birthday to us! To all of you, our friends and ether-neighbors, please come back. We wish you peace, love and light.

Yours truly,

A. Blogspot



4 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Happy Birthday, Dear Abiding, and Scribe! I'm so glad you are here, and still here, after a whole year. Don't stop!

Celeste said...

We aren't going anywhere! We'd miss you too much! Thank you. When I read your blog that today is C.S. Lewis' birthday, my eyes jumped to the quote in bold...great words, great timing.

Jeannette said...

A fine way to celebrate the milestone!

Celeste said...

Thank you for your kind words. I love this community of writers...and the peek you give us of your beautiful spot.